Homemade Taco Seasoning + Low-Carb Taco Boats

In addition to craving Chinese food lately, tacos have also creeped their way up to the top of my must-eat list. Nothing sounds better right now than a straight up hot & crispy taco with tons of ice-cold toppings and infinite amounts of shredded cheddar cheese. RIGHT?! (No, I’m not pregnant!)

At the same time, I also have a craving for fitting into my bikini next month, and have been attempting to cut back on carbs starting this week. It’s…not going well.

Everything has carbs!

Well, everything I like, anyways. Cereal, fruit, cereal, Chobani, cereal, popcorn, cereal, the 12-packs of King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls Ben won’t stop buying on his way home from work, and did I mention cereal?

RIP Whole Hearts.

Still wanting to satisfy my latest craving, I met myself halfway and whipped up a hot and crispy taco for dinner tonight, but traded carb-laden taco shells, for low-carb endive leaves.

Seasons 1lb ground meat
Ingredients:
2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions:
Mix together seasonings, then add to 1lb hot, cooked and drained ground beef with 1/4 cup water. Mix well.

Crunch-tastic, people – and so fun to eat!
I loved that I could enjoy a bunch of topping combos, which I wouldn’t have been able to do if I only had 2 or, let’s be real, 3 regular sized tacos.
Crunching into them like regular tacos was awesome, but piling the ground beef and toppings onto a plate and using the endive leaves to backhoe them into your mouth also works great. I’m guessing. ;)
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment