Mockafoni and Cheese

I've been so busy with redesigning my business site & hosting 2 linky parties that I haven't added any new content for nearly 2 weeks. Here is one of our favorite recipes that I found at Linda's Low Carb Recipe site. I serve this as a main dish, so I double Linda's recipe with a few tweaks.

Mockfoni & Cheese


two 16 ounce bag frozen or 2 heads fresh cauliflower
8 ounces cream cheese
4 tablespoons heavy cream
3-4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Cook the cauliflower until tender & drain. In a 9x13 casserole dish; soften the cream cheese in the microwave about a 90 seconds on HIGH. Whisk in the heavy cream until smooth, then stir in about 2 cups of the cheddar cheese. Microwave on MEDIUM about 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper and stir. Add the cauliflower and stir to coat. Top with the remaining cheese and bake at 350º for 35 minutes, until bubbly and brown on top. We like to let it stand a few minutes. We've taken it to potlucks and it disappears, even when people know it's cauliflower and not macaroni. Even kids like it!

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment